1.17.2011

Diamonds are a girl's best friend.....

I have read that "diamonds are a girl's best friend, but pearls become a woman." I have no idea if that is true or not. I mean, I think diamonds and pearls are both lovely! And on a girl or a woman...not so much on guys. Of course, I am partial to pearls. They are my birthstone. Anyway, now that that pre-blog ramble is out of the way...On to the post!
Hi everyone! It seems like forever since I have written a new post. So I thought I would show you what I made today! Here you go!

 
This is everything!
Bracelet

Necklace

Two rings worn together

Ring one

Ring two...the blurriness is an added bonus!

One hair clippy

Two hair clippy
Ahh. It's nice to sit back and enjoy a job well done :D I bought the wonderful glass buttons at a quilt show in Lansing back in May. It was my first day on the job during my practicum (internship). That was such a lovely day! Then I got the dark blue crystals at Michaels on sale. The lovely pearls I purchased at T&T in Grand Ledge. It is kinda funny how these pieces came about...We got back to Indy last night from a trip to MI for my grandmother's memorial service...so we were all pretty lazy today. At lunch time, my mom asked me why I was not beading and...well....I did not have a good answer. So after the lunch dishes were dry and put away I sat down to make something amazing, if I do say so myself. It was not very challenging, but it was very, very fun. Beading is so wonderful! I have also been knitting a sweeter. I will post some pics as soon as it is done :D



1 comment:

  1. You got all that done in one sitting?? Girl, you need a life outside beading. lol. Just kidding! :) I love the bracelet and the necklace the most. Also, I'm a diamond girl because my birthstone is a diamond... lol, you're a pearl and I'm a diamond. That goes along with what you were saying about diamonds and pearls... weird coincidence if you ask me.

    The talented ELISE BANKS EVERYBODY!!
    *Applause*

    ReplyDelete